The integration of CRM (customer relationship management) can give you valuable insight into your customers by gathering all the bits of information about customers, sales, marketing effectiveness, responsiveness and market trends into one repository.
There are many CRM application integration products on the market. However, implementation of CRM will tax your existing resources, and not just the financial ones. Keep in mind that no CRM software integration is a plug-in solution. There will be lots of details that your staff must attend to such as the following:
1. Communicate to the CRM installation team what your expectations are of the system. Failure to do so will result in costly changes later on.
2. Your internal staff will be needed to test the integration of CRM and your IT staff will be needed to help with CRM integration. This may be time consuming especially when the staff must attend to their normal duties.
3. CRM data integration creates work on the back end to import the data correctly. You must be able to take your old data into the new application and that usually means a massive clean-up project for your staff.
Define what your want your CRM implantation to accomplishThe success of any CRM integration is clearly defined business requirements. You have to know what you want to accomplish or how will the vendor know what it is that you want? Your business may want a very basic CRM implementation or a very complex one involving many different departments.
Decide whether your business CRM integration solutions will be hosted or on siteChoosing a CRM solution that is hosted is very cost effective, however it may be more difficult later on if your business needs to expands its CRM functionality.
Consider using a CRM application integration vendor who specializes in mid-sized businessesThere are plenty of CRM solution providers out there, but if you have a mid-sized business, why not use a vendor who can cater to your needs? The vendors who primarily sell to large scale companies may not be able to give you the individual attention that you deserve.
- When considering any CRM installation, ask to see an online demonstration. This will help you to quickly determine whether a product may be able to meet your business needs.
- If you already have a CRM solution, ask how the CRM system implementation can accommodate your current data.