Your customer relationship management software (CRM) can go far beyond its basic duty of organizing your customer information data - it can be a valuable tool to actually increase your business sales.
Using your CRM to supplement sales can allow your business to grow by providing you with helpful analytics and keeping you up to date with the latest client information reports.
The latest CRM software can provide your business with many more tools than you might be aware of, so use it in these three ways to increase revenue.
Related: Search our providers for the CRM and sales software that's right for your business
Stay Connected to Your Data
Hosting your CRM data on a cloud server can allow you and your employees to access customer data no matter where they are. Instead of forking out for a bulky in-house server to store all of your information, consider hiring a third-party provider to give you wireless access even from your mobile device.
- Web-based of cloud software can be a cost-effective solution for hosting all of your CRM needs. Cloud software allows you to pay-per-user, and includes a relatively low annual or monthly fee for its use.
- Connecting to a third-party server may also help you cut down on IT and maintenance costs, as the provider is responsible for server up keep and connectivity issues.
- Your team will likely impress clients or business ventures with the plethora of information they have readily available, and can save them from the headache of memorizing data when doing business away from the office.
Use Your Metrics
If you don't know how well your product is doing- you won't be able to make adjustments to better your service. Luckily, most CRM software includes metrics about conversions, purchases, dropped customers and much more.
- Instead of searching through seemingly endless data for information, select the metrics that will be most useful to monitor and set up an automatic report.
- Auto-reports can generate weekly, monthly, or annually depending on how often you can spot certain trends. This will allow you to tweak your product and marketing strategies in order to increase sales. Techniques that go unmonitored might be weighing down your business in way you are unaware of, so be sure to check how business responds to new changes.
Improve Your Sales Team
One of the other key ways that your CRM software can help you improve business is by providing you with valuable information about your sales reps. Because sales are such a huge factor to your company's success, you want to make sure your sales team is being as effective as possible in pitching your product.
- Individual conversion rates will allow you to see which of your employees are at the top of their game, and which might need a little more motivation.
- Including interaction notes on your employees' performance can help you asses whose methods are working, and whose technique might need adjusting. These details are also helpful when reviewing for possible promotions or switches in position. Incorporating this information into your CRM software will help you to keep it available at all times.
CRM software capabilities go far beyond the basic function of data storage. While it's important to keep your customer and sales information on track, you can also be using your software to assess your company's success and make adjustments where they are needed. Supplementing your sales with your CRM software is a great way to keep your business on track and increase sales and revenue.