Whether your small business rents out office space or you run the business out of your home, having the right shelving in place will make things fit more comfortably as you service your customers.
Today's look typically goes for a modern design appeal, with industrial shelves becoming very popular and trendy.
What to Look for in Shelving
As your small business searches for the right look and allotment of shelving space, here are some thoughts to keep in mind:
- Know your office's needs and requirements. While this sounds rather obvious, you'd be surprised how many businesses don't plan things out;
- Use both your research and referrals in determining what kind of shelving to buy. Be sure to shop around and get a number of quotes, don't just settle for the first shelving you come across;
- Have a budget in mind for office shelving. If you're like many other businesses that are going through a tough time with the present economy, do not overspend when buying shelving. While you don't want to purchase the cheapest thing available, don't buy the top of the line if you don't need it;
- Determine ahead of time what size shelving you want and where it will be placed at the business. Also decide if you will have easy access with the shelving and approximately what the weight of the shelving will be that you need;
- What kind of durability are you looking for? If this shelving is to last a long time, then be sure to shop for quality materials. If just a short time project, something a little less in design and price should suffice.
Small business owners will have myriad of shelving options, included steel and metal, along with wood and plastic shelving to name a few.
Some steel shelving is designed for tough environments where weather is a factor like very cold unheated warehouses or very humid buildings.
Other benefits with metal shelving are that they prove cost-effective, are flexible and do not take up a large swath of space.
Stainless steel shelves can be used in a mobile mode where you transport items from one place to another or be utilized with a static shelf and centered in a location. Stainless steel shelves also prove relatively easy to keep clean, are durable and typically stable.
As another option, you can construct your own storage units to meet your specific needs, with the goal of finding the right shelves at the right price.
Remember, size is not the only area you can customize, as you can also do this with fixings, braces, side panels and much more.
Take the time to find the right shelving design and build on your company's success.
Photo credit: firststorage.co.za