Many small businesses turn to postcards as an alternative to the high-cost of display advertising, Yellow Pages ads or full-blown direct mail pieces. Small businesses use postcards as part of a direct mail marketing campaign to help promote their business, events or reach a targeted audience. Once you've decided postcards are the way to go:
- Find out when, where and how to use postcards.
- Look for help with postcard design.
- Try your hand at making your own printable postcards
- Search the Internet to compare printing prices. Compare these prices to those at local postcard printers.
Determine if postcards are right for youAssess your marketing needs to see if business postcards will help you achieve your goals. Postcards can help you test market a new product or offer, as well as drive traffic to your Web site. You can also track the results of your mailing campaign by assigning a specific discount code or sending potential customers to a unique page on your Web site created specifically for a particular offer or product.
Get postcard design helpTake advantage of Web sites offering postcard design help. Your postcard shouldn't try to include every detail of your offer. Eye-catching graphics and a brief summary of the main points of your offer are more likely to get the attention of potential customers.
Compare postcard pricesPost card design and printing prices will vary according to the size of the postcard, whether it is going to be printed in black-and-white or color and the print quantity. Some sites even offer free printing to attract you as a customer.
Make your own printable postcardsTo make your own printable postcards, download templates from the Internet that will work with design software such as InDesign and Quark. Or take advantage of free online postcard templates to make printable postcards.
- Decide who you want to target with your postcard mailings and how many mailings you will require. Remember, frequency is best.
- Design is important. Many Internet sites offer design for printable postcards, printing and even mailing assistance.
- Carefully research the Internet for a site that meets all your needs. Remember to check out the turnaround time promised by postcard printers.