An industrial dump truck vehicle distributor generally sells a variety of dump trucks designed for specific purposes. Use a standard dump truck for removing waste. It maneuvers better than larger dump trucks due to the short wheelbase. Articulated dump trucks work well on rough terrain and drive using hydraulic rams that pivot the cab. Semi-trailer dump trucks allow for quick unloading, but cannot be used on uneven ground.
Consider these things when you get ready to buy a dump truck:
- What type of maintenance must be done to keep the truck in good working condition?
- Does the industrial dump truck vehicle distributor offer a money back guarantee or financing options?
- Are the rates comparable to other distributors?
Search for new and used heavy-duty dump trucksAs with most vehicles, buying a used dump truck costs less than a new one. Often dealers pay to fix mechanical problems and complete maintenance on the used trucks prior to the sale. The major draw back is that some companies sell their trucks to avoid paying for expensive repairs or maintenance.
Buy dump trucks for sale via auctionsOnline auctions make it easy to purchase heavy-duty dump trucks when you live in an area where auctions are scarce. Often you bid on an industrial dump truck without inspecting it yourself. This means you need to make sure you use a reputable company.
Insure your dump truck to protect your investmentIndustrial dump truck vehicles cost thousands of dollars to purchase. Without insurance, you become personally liable for damage caused to others and you lose the money you spent. A commercial insurance policy also protects your drivers and pays for injuries they may sustain in an accident.
- Hire a mechanic to do an investigation on used dump trucks for sale before you purchase.
- Don't get pressured into spending more than you should at an auction. Unless you need the dump truck immediately, wait for the next auction.