Electric motors are used in a wide range of industrial and commercial products and can be found in almost any size to power everything from miniature items to over-sized goods. These motors run on an electrical current and will either need to have a line-out power source to plug into a standard wall outlet or will run on powerful, built-in, long-lasting batteries.
Electric motors are powered by either direct current (DC) or alternating current (AC). DC motors run on an electrical current that flows from one steady direction. The current for AC motors alternates continually while the motor is running.
Both styles of current have their own specific applications in which they work best. Companies that purchase products from electric motor vendors will be able to:
1. Save money by running the motor electrically as opposed to operating with gasoline, which can become very expensive;
2. Find replacement parts from an electrical motor manufacturer instead of purchasing a new motor if a small part breaks down;
3. Receive help understanding whether an AC or DC motor would work best with a new product.
Work with electrical motor distributorsDistributors of electric motors will have a large supply of products in stock to accommodate the needs of all of their customers. Many distributors will be able to help your company find the exact type of motor that is best for any job. They will also work with electric motor manufacturers to provide custom engines based on your specifications.
Find miniature electric motor distributorsSmaller items that require electrical power to operate will need miniature motors that will fit inside and not add too much extra weight. Motors can be found in almost any size and they are still powerful enough to run the products for which they are intended.
Order from an AC or a DC motor distributorDepending on how a particular product must be powered, it may need either an AC or DC motor. Some companies produce both types of motors, while others specialize in one.
Purchase wholesale electric motorsWholesale companies provide services and products to other companies at lower costs and depend on continued working relationships and bulk purchases to make up for the difference in costs. Wholesalers allow manufacturers to keep their prices on finished products as low as possible.
- Find out if the electric motor manufacturers you are working with offer warranties and guaranties for their products. A company that does not stand behind the products it produces may not make a good business partner.
- Buy from local electric motor distributors to avoid paying fees for shipping and handling.