Finding electronic component suppliers is not difficult. Even a quick shot on a general search engine yields many quality finds. However, general search engines do not know your specific applications and needs. When you begin looking at electronic components distributors, there are some ways to weed out the good from the bad.
Here are several simple tactics for finding the best electronic component parts distributor for your needs:
1. Seek out companies that sell the brands you've already used and trust.
2. If you have the knowledge to tell the difference between low and high quality components, or if you know exactly what you're looking for, wholesale and cut rate websites can save you some money.
3. If you need rare electronic components, shop sources that specialize in your range of electronic component uses. You may find serviceable parts elsewhere, but application-specific websites will carry a larger selection of your parts and may also have helpful information.
4. Look for electronic component distribution companies that have large selections and quality website designs. These types of websites tend to have quick shipping, good customer service and, obviously, give you the most product options.
Buy electronic components wholesaleIf you know what you want, then why pay more? There are many electronic parts distributors that sell high volume and specialize in keeping their prices low. The wholesale drawback is not as bad as it is in other product areas, but these websites do not always as much product information. One way to get the best of both worlds is to find the product you want on the website of an electronic component manufacturer or retail source, and then find the same parts on wholesale sites.
Shop websites that have large selections of electronic componentsIf you're looking for a very specific type of electronics part, then the main point is finding a quality distributor that carries it. Generally speaking, however, the websites with the largest selections will give you the most options. You may even find something you hadn't thought of previously.
Locate a distributor of electronic components that specializes in your fieldElectronic component supply is broad, but the components you need may be very specific or specialized. Many sources cover a wide range, but the more particular your need, the more advantageous it is to find a specialty source.
- Especially if you are a bulk or frequent buyer of electronic components, don't be disappointed to later find you've been overpaying. Compare prices with multiple websites.