Email change of address services basics include changing your business email when necessary and keeping up with your customers' change of address. Emails change frequently for many reasons, such as changing your ISP or changing to a free email service or away from one. When a loyal customer changes his or her email address and forgets to tell you, it is possible to lose business if you do not have another means of reaching this person.
Keep up-to-date with email by using an email change of address service. Make sure you have the correct email address for your customers and likewise, make sure your customers have your new address if it changes. Look at the following when using email change of address services basics:
1. Find companies who provide changing email address services automatically.
2. Use email address change software to accomplish your change of address.
3. Locate individual customers after email change of address efforts fail.
Choose companies that provide email change of address services to keep up with important changesYour customers may not move too frequently, but they do change email addresses frequently. Every time an email bounces back to you, it is possible to lose business. Stay on top of these changes and keep in touch with your customers.
Obtain e-mail change of address software and update addresses automaticallyUse software to notify you whenever you send an email to an outdated address or whenever an email bounces back to you.
Update your email records manually with email address change programMost of the time when an email does not make it to the correct party it will "bounce" back to you. Just like receiving a regular piece of mail back that sends "return to sender, addressee moved," these bounce notices let you know your customer changed email addresses. Many services allow you to find a change of email if you have the old email address or other information about the person. Plug in the information you have to obtain the new address, then contact your customer.
- Check the email address you used before you consult any email change of address service. If you did not address the email correctly, it misdirected and only needs you to correct the address in order to reach the intended party.
- Collect alternate email addresses from your customers if possible. Instead of using e-mail change of address services, send an email to the alternate address and advise that you received a return email from their main address.