An email forwarding service is a virtual office solution for small business owners. You can establish an email forwarding domain and e-mail forwarding service to forward emails to several different accounts. This is especially helpful when you need more than one address for various email topics or purposes.
For example, you may need one email address specifically for questions about your products or services, and another for billing issues. E-mail forwarding software takes emails sent to the email forwarding service first and then your inbox. You can even use email forwarding software to create temporary, multiple addresses to filter your incoming mail and delete them if they start to receive spam which can protect your main address.
Email forwarding services are also helpful if you employ a virtual assistant or need someone else to check you email while you are away from the office for an extended time. Business mail forwarding services are an especially handy tool for small businesses:
1. Email forwarding allows you to choose your own domain name.
2. You can set up your email forwarding service and customize it for your business needs.
3. You can use email forwarding to customize SPAM filers to keep unwanted mail to a minimum.
Register your email forwarding domain name.An email forwarder allows you to set up an email alias allowing you to collect mail in different inboxes without the hassle of actually having to check more than one inbox. You can choose any domain name you like as long as it's available.
Set up the email forwarding for your domain site.You'll need to activate your email account to take advantage of a free DNS email forwarding service provider.
Establish a default mail map for business email forwardingIf you receive an email to an address tied to your domain, that email address not specified as one of your selected site maps, it will automatically go to the default email address you have set up.
- This is only an automatic email forwarding service that passes all email messages received to a different email account. You will need to have an established email account first in order to establish email forwarding.
- Some business forwarding mail services offer the convenience of viewing postal mail online instantly. With an email forwarder you can manage both your postal and electronic mail using a filter to eliminate any unwanted mail.