Keep your data secure by implementing a PKI solution that will ensure high-level security. This way, your Internet and public network users can exchange money and information safely by using the public and private cryptographic key pair. Public key infrastructure services, or PKI security, is an integrated solution you obtain and share through trusted authorities.
The public key infrastructure utilizes public key cryptography. It's also the most secure and commonly used method of authenticating and encrypting messages on the Internet today, providing reliable, high-level security.
The public key infrastructure includes:
1. Certificate authority to issue and verify the digital certificate. Certificates contain critical information about the public key.
2. A registration authority to verify the user’s digital certificate request for the digital certificate and provide the certificate authority (CA) permission to issue it.
3. At least one directory is available to hold the certificates and their public key.
4. A certificate management system included to renew and revoke certificates on your computer, over an enterprise or a wide area network (WAN), providing PKI computer security.
Explore the benefits of using an in-house PKI security solutionIf you plan to tackle your security needs in-house, select a public key infrastructure developer software that best fits your needs. In-house deployment will generally afford you better control and flexibility while lowering costs. With PKI software, you can easily tailor your security policies to fit your needs. Look for key features, such as strong authentication, VPN and wireless network data protection, digital signing of email, and other documents and encryption. Your PKI solution should be scalable, manageable, flexible and customizable.
Consider hiring a consultant to implement and deploy your PKI solutionMost PKI companies offer a wide variety of system integration and consulting services. A company may design security architecture, create security policies and analyze risk. In addition, you can expect a consultant to install, configure, implement and integrate PKI solutions with all your existing applications. Finally, you can find firms that do custom application building and training.
Outsource your PKI security servicesFree up valuable resources while providing high-level security to protect your corporate network's access points. Outsourcing to a qualified company is one way to ensure you'll comply with government and industry regulations. You can also reduce the risk of data exposure with encryption, use digital signatures and strong authentication while outsourcing your PKI services to the PKI experts.
- Determine your security objectives before shopping for a PKI solution.
- Ask colleagues or industry peers and leaders for PKI security recommendations.