Your task: Plan a knock-out party for your staff or maybe an elegant dinner honoring company notables. You may be wondering how you'll ever pull it off, especially with deadlines looming on your other projects. Who has time to plan a party, right?
But planning a party has never been easier. Whether you're short on time or have months to plan your event, the Internet is the best place to help you brainstorm ideas, order party supplies and get a party delivered to your door.
When buying business party decorations, remember to:
- Accurately estimate the number attending the party.
- Figure out your budget for the event.
- Allow enough time for shipping before the event.
Decide on the tone of the eventWill it be fun or formal? Before you go wild ordering party decorations, make sure you know what the goals are for the festivities. The party decorations will help set the mood for the event.
- If you're organizing a fun event for the company's annual meeting, check out Shindigz, one of the best-known sources for business party supplies.
- Plan a Mardi Gras night. You can purchase the French Quarter Soiree Kit and decorate the hotel ballroom to the hilt, complete with giant stand-ups.
- You can wow your coworkers with a Parisian theme for your next affair, complete with Eiffel Tower.
- Or try your hand at a Casino Night or Hollywood theme for a night they'll remember.
Buy wholesale party supplies in bulkYou can find fabulous deals on tableware, skirting and cutlery by purchasing bulk party supplies. Ordering bulk party decorations can save you money that you can then spend on entertainment or food. If you're on a tight budget, purchase bulk items in standard colors or styles that you're most likely to use again.
- Party Secret is a site that offers savings from 50 percent to 70 percent off retail prices.
- After you decide on your color scheme for the event, purchase large items such as table coverings or skirting in solid colors (scroll down to view table coverings and skirting), and then add splashes of color with contrasting napkins or cutlery.
- Pick up business party favors or a gross of helium-quality balloons in a variety of colors at Oriental Trading Company.
Factor in shipping costs and delivery timeYou know you can find just about anything on the Internet, but make sure you know how much lead time the supplier requires to ship the party decorations to you in time for your event.
- You can find just about any wholesale party supplies that you need at Party Celebration. But be sure to read their shipping charges and times, as well as their no-return policy. Like many sites selling party supplies, Party Celebration has a $50 order minimum.
- Celebrate Express is a well-known children's birthday party supplier but also carries "everyday" partyware. Plan on about 10 days to receive your order, which includes processing time and shipping time.