Need catering for a business event or meeting? The Web offers solutions to satisfy your employees' and clients' strictest dietary needs and help make your meeting a success. No matter if the attendees eat low-fat, low-carb, vegetarian or Halal, you can find something for any diet or event online.
Don't worry if you haven't ordered catering before. Web-based services can handle just about everything for you.
Make sure a catering snafu doesn't become the focal point of your meeting or event, by covering:
- The Basics: Number of attendees and the event's purpose
- All hidden costs including delivery charges, tips, and overtime
- Serving Agenda and Timing
Put a complete catering solution together easily onlineWeb-based solutions can help simplify the process of locating and ordering from top caterers in your area. Outside services can help you manage the process easily even if you've never handled catering before.
Cover all your catering bases with the right selectionCatering an internal meeting is easier than a client event because you are more likely to know of any special dietary needs.
Consult the meeting venueIf your event is at a local meeting center or hotel, catering services may be available there. Or select a venue based on its ability to offer catering.
Take care of the extrasAsk the caterer if table linens and dinnerware are provided free or cost extra.
Use helpful tools to plan, budget and collaborateIt is important to create a budget before you solicit and choose sources for your meeting or event.
- Time your food to be served so that clanking silverware and confusion won't disrupt the flow of the meeting.
- Staff your catered event with your own employees to save money.
- Find out what services and supplies are included in the caterers' quotes such as music, table linens, and entertainment.
- Prepare a written log of the event and costs within 24 hours of the event's close.
- Conduct drawings or giveaways during the meals to keep everyone's concentration during the event or meeting.
- Ask the caterer about the servers' style of dress or whether it is a matter of choice.
- Host a tasting for your team to find the "cream of the crop" before you decide what to serve your customers.