Corporate event consultants help you save time, energy and money by being a resource and by making sure that you stick to your budget. Party planning consultants can usually negotiate discounted rates or offer you alternatives if something you want is too expensive.
Services that come with event planning consulting can include, but are not limited to, choosing your event location, caterer selection and menu planning, arranging your guest accommodations, handling your invitations, and coordinating event personnel. Your event planning consultant can also help you create your event theme or design, and teach you how best to implement that look or feel.
Event planning consultants can give you services that range from pre-prep before the event to day of supervision onsite, or all of the above. Their experience will ensure that you aren’t missing anything, and it can help you avoid in-office overtime for the person tasked to put together your event.
To make the most of your area planner:
1. Determine how much service you will need- full service, day-of-event management, a-la-carte services, or an hourly consultation.
2. Meet to discuss needs.
3. Pass the torch to your party planning consultant.
Look for experience and reputation in a local event planning businessStart with an online search in your area for party planning consultants or event planning consultants.
Give your event planning consultant the third degreeWhen you meet your planner for the first time, don't be afraid to ask questions about their company and their services. Event planning consulting is not for the faint of heart, and you want to make sure that the person or company that you are dealing with is the right fit for you and your organization.
Set goals for your gatheringAre you looking to drive customer loyalty, provide a measurable ROI, create stronger partnerships or motivate employees? Whatever the reason, your event planning consultant should help you meet that goal by the overall continuity of the event.
UCLA's site on defining your event or conference goals. Have a clear understanding of what you are trying to accomplish before you meet with your planner.
- Find out if your consultant offers a no-cost initial consultation. If so, take them up on the meeting and determine if the conference planning consultant is the right fit for you and your organization.
- Quality corporate event consultants should help you review contracts and honor quoted prices.
- Consider going green for an eco-friendly event. It's socially conscious and it's trendy.