An important aspect of your business is acknowledging your customers and developing loyalty relationships. Ironically, it's often something that gets overlooked. Corporate greeting cards are an effective way to thank customers, get your company's name out there and advertise.
But not all corporate greeting cards are created equal. When selecting your corporate greeting cards, keep the following in mind:
- Holidays or special occasions are always appropriate for sending out corporate greeting cards, but make sure your cards are inclusive, not offensive.
- The design should showcase your company in a flattering manner while sending an appropriate message to your customers.
- Corporate greeting cards can be an effective, high-touch, low-cost way to advertise your company to current and prospective clients.
Decide when you want to send corporate greeting cardsMany options are available in corporate greeting cards. You can choose to send corporate Christmas cards, Thanksgiving cards, corporate birthday cards, congratulatory cards or customer appreciation cards. To make a lasting impression, send out cards more than once a year. When doing so, customer appreciation cards are a phenomenal way to let your clients know you value their relationship.
Determine the message you want to communicate with your business greeting cardsDid you know that it takes close to 10 client contacts before you make a sale? You don't want your corporate greeting cards to get thrown into a pile with the rest, so think outside the box. Being creative can get your company the sale, but be careful not to offend. So, for example, when sending holiday cards, look at your clientele and decide if you should choose general holiday cards or religious corporate Christmas cards.
Consider personalized greeting cards for your businessInstead of ordering generic greeting cards, customize your corporate greeting cards. Many companies will professionally print your business logo, name and message inside. You can also get your company's return address printed on the envelope.
Go for high-quality greeting cardsQuality is as important a factor in choosing business greeting cards as is the design. It doesn't say much for your company if you send cheap, thin, poorly-printed corporate birthday cards. It may make your clients wonder where else you cut corners. Look for greeting card companies that focus on quality. Lined envelopes, foils, thick-textured paper and embossing will make your greeting cards stand out from others your clients may be receiving.
Order the appropriate amount of corporate greeting cardsMake a list of your customers and clients before ordering business greeting cards, so you don't run out. Have someone else look it over, if possible, to make sure you remembered everyone. It's essential to order some extras because there are bound to be misprints or mistakes. Save money by buying in bulk, and use them for a couple of years.
- If you're not the most creative person, seek help from an employee. You can also work with the greeting card companies to find the perfect greeting cards.
- Beat the rush. Send out your corporate Christmas cards early enough so they don't get held up in the mail.