If your business requires food concession trailers, find ones that are cost-effective while also appealing to your customers. Search the web for concession trailers, from used to custom-fit. Then compare prices and request quotes on a variety of trailers.
Once you have a general idea what you will need, make a business plan for using your trailer. Try to minimize your initial investment so you can get out of debt and make a profit quickly. You don't want to owe more than you can recoup in sales. Consider the following question before getting concession trailers:
1. What is the purpose of your business using food concession trailers?
2. Do you need to buy or rent a concession trailer? How long will your business require the use of food concession trailers?
3. How much can your business spend on concession trailers for sale?
Decide if you'll buy new or used concession trailersA concession truck is not something you need to buy brand new. Search the web for used ones that fit your business needs. Make sure the concession vehicle is in good condition; you can always paint one or add your company logo to a used trailer. Find a concession trailer used that is similar to what your business requires.
Narrow down what items will be sold on your food concession trailersMake sure the concession trailer used by your business fits the goal of your business and is not trying to do more than you need. What types of items are you selling? What type of equipment will the trailer need to fit for those food items? For example, do you need a BBQ or shaved ice trailer?
Budget for additional equipment on your food concession trailersWhen deciding how much to spend on a vending truck, factor in the total cost including equipment such as fryers, ovens, sinks and more.
- Look for concession trailers for sale on auction sites too, such as eBay.
- When deciding how your vending truck, research out the local health code laws for food safety. Your vehicle could require a certain number of sinks for cleaning or other items.