Who doesn't love the taste of scrumptious lollipops? What once was only available as a half-dollar-sized, shrink-wrapped hard candy on a stick given as a freebie to bank customers and brave children at the doctor's office has evolved into a thriving candy category of its very own.
Lollipops are now available in a variety of shapes, sizes, color combinations and flavors. Chocolate lollipops have carved a huge niche for themselves, as have sugar-free lollipops for those who want a sweet treat without the not-so-sweet calories.
Whether you're in the market to sell them, decorate with them or give them away as thank you presents or special treats, you can't go wrong with lollipops. Top reasons include:
- Lollipop candy has a long shelf life.
- Lollipops are relatively inexpensive.
- Lollipops have wide appeal and are appropriate for nearly everyone.
Determine exactly what you want lollipops forKnowing how your candy lollipops will be used helps you determine the type and quantity to buy. Is your team hosting a fundraiser? Are you selling them in a concession stand or other point-of-purchase display? Do you plan to use them as giveaways at a trade show or bank?
Choose a style of candy lollipopsSpecialty lollipops come in a variety of shapes, sizes, flavors and themes. If you're not just buying them as token giveaways or going with a fundraising company, there are a number of specialty lollipops to choose from.
Personalize your lollipopsFun as they already are, you can add even more joy to the love of lollipops by customizing the wrapper, the stick or the lollipop itself.
- Theme lollipops are a great way to celebrate any occasion. Whether the wrapper conveys the theme or the lollipop itself is in a celebratory shape, lollipops are a great--and inexpensive--way to decorate, commemorate and celebrate holidays, birthdays, seasons and every occasion in-between!
- Dozens of gourmet lollipops are available in tempting flavors such as pina colada, pink lemonade, marshmallow and root beer. Sugar-free and chocolate lollipops have gained in popularity, too. If you are considering going chocolate, however, just be sure you have access to cool or refrigerated storage to prevent melting.