Peanut butter is on the list of America's most favorite foods. From athletes to dieters to busy moms preparing school lunches, peanut butter and peanut butter products are a hit. Peanuts generate over 4 billion dollars towards the U. S. economy, with Americans consuming approximately 700 million pounds of peanut butter each year. This high-powered food can reduce the risk of heart disease and peanut butter products are an easy, affordable way to get protein and fiber into the diet. Peanut butter is loaded with a variety of vitamins and minerals. Consumption not only gives you energy but keeps you feeling fuller longer.
Churning out tasty, nutritional peanut butter should be the goal of peanut butter brands everywhere. However, peanut processing is an art. It takes continual practice and, sometimes, even years of experience to produce perfectly roasted nuts and a winning recipe. You can become a leader in the industry if you make sure the following are in place:
1. You understand industry standards and understand the issues surrounding peanut processing.
2. You can identify and adequately address risks associated with peanut butter production.
3. You possess functioning, high quality equipment for peanut processing and peanut butter production.
Get information on the peanut and issues surrounding peanut processingA lot of issues surround the peanut, small though it might be. Peanut butter companies occasionally face contamination issues. Peanut butter education and training is necessary to develop an effective combat plan.
Obtain instruction in peanut butter productionTraining in peanut butter production can help you identify and better address risks associated with the procedure. Ensure that your business does not fall into the poor food handling trap by creating an environment where employees do not follow food safety regulations.
Locate and attend trade shows and conventions about peanuts and peanut butter productsTrade shows and conventions are a great way to connect with others in the peanut industry. Learn about other products and services while promoting your own and obtain information on the latest, state-of-the-art peanut processing equipment. You can also observe new trends and key in to opportunities to expand your business.
- Organic peanut butter producers may want to employ the help of an Organic Certification Specialist to ensure products meet the standard of the organic food industry.
- Attending a class on peanut allergies would be beneficial to those involved in peanut butter production.