Modern-day consumers are obsessed with nutrition, weight loss, exercise and health. For entrepreneurs who run sports and fitness franchises, that translates into a slim waistline and a fat bottom line. Sports franchises and fitness franchises offer a proven business model and a wealth of resources to assist budding small business owners with business set-up, maintenance, marketing and growth.
If you're passionate about your own health, chances are good that you'll also be successful promoting other people's health. Sports and fitness franchises offer myriad opportunities to do just that, including:
1. Fitness center franchises that evangelize the benefits of exercise.
2. Fitness franchises for women, which tend to focus on weight loss and nutrition.
3. Sports and fitness franchises for children, which offer recreational and educational opportunities for young people.
4. Sports franchises that offer coaching and training for adult athletes.
5. Sports franchises that offer recreational outlets for adult consumers.
6. Sports and fitness franchises that sell equipment and apparel for fitness-minded buyers.
Fitness center franchisesFitness center franchises include everything from simple gyms to full-service fitness facilities that offer spas, tanning beds and physical therapy.
Fitness franchises for women or menA growing number of fitness center franchises are targeting women or men with custom weight loss and exercise programs.
Buy a health and fitness franchise for childrenAn increasing number of sports and fitness franchises are catering to kids-and their parents-offering everything from parent-child exercise classes to kid-friendly gyms.
Training-themed sports franchisesAmong the many sports franchises for sale these days are several that specialize in teaching and training. Many offer instructor-led classes while others offer facilities for self-guided training.
Recreation-oriented sports and fitness franchisesMany sports and fitness franchises offer active recreational activities for adults, families and thrill-seekers.
Sports franchises that sell equipment and apparelAmong the most lucrative sports franchises for sale are those that offer retail opportunities, selling everything from professional exercise equipment to sports gear.
- Look for sustainable sports and fitness franchises with proven track records and long-term potential.
- Consider the investment requirements of a health and fitness franchise. Sports and fitness franchises may require as little as $10,000 for start-up or as much as $1 million.
- When shopping for sports and fitness franchises, pay attention to real estate requirements. Many sports and fitness franchises -- particularly fitness center franchises -- have square footage requirements.
- Keep in mind that sports and fitness franchises may come with extra costs, such as special insurance or a substantial investment in sports equipment.