Secure your success in the $46 billion building cleaning industry through one of many cleaning business franchise opportunities available that also provides ample training. Entering into an exciting cleaning service franchise can quickly turn to failure if the franchise provides insufficient training.
Established training programs rank as one of the top reasons for choosing a cleaning company franchise over starting your own business from scratch; the franchise has already developed a proven system and built the training that will help its franchisees succeed. Expect training in the following areas before investing in a cleaning franchise:
1. Cleaning franchise business model/methods and special cleaning products/equipment, software and sales/marketing/pricing services.
2. Expectations between cleaning franchise owner and the franchisor regarding all aspects of the business.
3. Customer service training for the cleaning service franchise.
4. National advertising and marketing programs in place.
5. Bidding and job estimating training for cleaning service franchise opportunities.
Look for information on the scope/depth of initial training for any cleaning franchise opportunity
Cleaning franchise opportunities you consider should incorporate hands-on and interactive training along with other methods to ensure you can repeat the steps/processes and train others. They should also include training manuals/instructions and toll-free phone numbers, websites and email contacts for questions when you get home from training and forget something, or encounter a new challenge. Initial training periods can range from a few days to a few months, include multiple phases and can occur in different locations.
Favor franchising cleaning services that offer continuing education and training programs
Training and education shouldn't stop once you open your residential or commercial cleaning franchise. To stay ahead of your competition and ensure you always provide your customers with the best service possible, look for a cleaning services franchise that offers programs and training opportunities that keep you up-to-date on the latest products, cleaning methods, business practices and even customer service. Often, a cleaning franchise for sale will send a company representative to your place of business for a period of time to help you get started.
Find out more about employee training before buying a cleaning franchise
You can find loads of information about your own training as a franchisee; you'll find training information regarding your employees a bit more sparse. Cleaning service franchises will often provide you with the tools to hire, manage and train your own employees, but don't count employee training as part of the package unless you ask.
- Expect to travel to a regional or national headquarters for at least part of your initial cleaning franchise training. Your travel, lodging and meal expenses could end up costing as much as $1,000 to $2,000, depending on the length and location of the training program.
- Education and training for cleaning service franchise opportunities should encompass all areas of the business to maximize your potential for success. Because it's also in the franchisor's best interest -- its success and reputation are on the line, too -- reputable cleaning service franchise opportunities typically do offer sufficient training.