Dolls have been around for ages. Not only do they provide a companion for children, they also help them engage in play and learn. Not all doll owners are children, though. There are many adults who collect baby dolls, antique dolls, and porcelain dolls
Dolls come in all shapes and sizes. There are dolls, like Barbie and American Girl, that come with everything you could imagine. Houses, beds, and even cars are available for these types of dolls. You could easily spend a fortune trying to offer dolls and their accessories at your business.
Before you decide on what dolls and doll accessories to purchase from doll makers, consider:
1. Size of the doll. Will you be able to find doll clothes that will fit her/him, or will you need to buy clothing directly from doll manufacturers?
2. Cost. Will you or your clients be able to afford the types of dolls you want for your business?
3. Clientele. Are the majority of your clients children who will play with the dolls, or is your clientele made up of doll collectors?
Offer your clients a personalized doll
Personalization is a great concept, but be aware that there are some drawbacks. A personalized doll will take longer to make and be more expensive than a regular play doll. Since the doll is custom made, you might also have to buy doll clothes directly from the doll manufacturers, which may cost more money.
Find and display collectible and porcelain dolls
If you want to display or sell porcelain dolls, make sure they are authentic. Porcelain dolls and collectible dolls should come with the necessary documentation.
If you offer dress up dolls, offer doll accessories too
Whatever business your are in, you want your clients to have all they need. If you sell dolls, offer clothing and toys for them too.
- Consider buying products from well-known doll manufacturers. Clients may feel more comfortable purchasing products from companies they already know.
- There are many doll accessories available for every doll. You don't need every accessory, but let your clients know that you can order items you don't currently stock.