Gone are the days of cold creams and soap and water. Skin care products now incorporate medical discoveries into their formulas. Consumers want premier skin care products that do more than cleanse and moisturize. They expect the products to prevent and reverse the effects of aging.
You can take advantage of the advances in skin care technology by building a skin care business selling high quality products. Despite the impression that skin care is mainly a concern of women, the market includes both men and women in all age groups. Target markets include:
- Young women looking to prevent lines and wrinkles.
- Older women who want to improve the look of aging skin without undergoing cosmetic procedures.
- Men who want the same anti-aging benefits found in the best skin care products designed for women.
- Teens influenced by pop culture.
Choose a business model for your skin care company
A skin care business can be a home-based, direct sales operation, a retail store front or a service within a salon. This flexibility gives entrepreneurs the ability to create a business that suits their individual needs.
Use professional skin care products targeted for your market
Professional skin care products, unlike mass market brands, are typically sold only through authorized distributors, such as beauty consultants, cosmetics boutiques or salons. Price points range from affordable to luxury.
Consider including natural skin care products in your inventory
Organic and natural skin care products continue to be a hot trend in the skin care business. Regardless of your skin care company business model, you can find natural products to add to your inventory.
Join the ranks of skin care manufacturers
As a skin care product manufacturer, you could make your own skin care products and sell them online or from a retail store front. Product ideas include soaps, lip balms, lotions and bath salts.
- Regardless of your skin care business model, take advantage of the Internet by maintaining a website which includes e-commerce features.