Effective auto transport in the US requires a transportation specialist. The job simply cannot be done efficiently with traditional conveyance equipment. A standard flat trailer might carry three cars at most. Qualified auto transport companies employ trailers that can haul many more cars than that in a single trip.
Government regulations make it nearly impossible to know everything you should about hauling your own motor vehicles. If you are unaware of all federal rules and regulations involving professional auto transport in the United States, you might end up paying more in fees, fines, driver salaries, insurance and other hidden costs than you would spend to hire a qualified US automotive transport company. When searching for a US auto transport company consider the following:
1. Choose an experienced company over the guy down the street with the CDL.
2. Look for reputable companies and compare commercial auto transport rates.
3. Take steps for added vehicle protection.
4. Search the safety records of transporters.
Locate reputable automotive shipping services in the United StatesThere are many companies available for car shipping in the United States, but rates and customer satisfaction vary. Look for a respected company before entrusting your vehicles to anyone.
Conduct your US automotive shipping with a reputable shipperIt is easy to forget or overlook things that make car transportation economical and safe. Reliable automobile shippers have all the proper trailers and safety equipment necessary to do the job right.
Protect yourself when choosing a US car shipping companyTake a few minutes to check safety records before hiring a United States car shipping company. Whether you have one vehicle or many to transport, a little extra effort bestows peace of mind.
US Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
- There is no need to pay top dollar to ship only one or two cars. Auto transport in the US utilizes a universal load board listing vehicles awaiting shipment throughout the country. To save transportation costs, ask to have your shipment included with another load already going out.