Sometimes the simple things really make a difference for your businessThink about where and how adhesive labels – also known as Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSAs) – are/can be used in your business. Are they used only on non-food packaging, in a climate-controlled shop, away from sunlight? Or, perhaps on packaged, raw meats, exposed to water/ice in a butcher's case? Are they used with mailings to wow your customers?
Adhesive labels are used in countless ways in many industries. It's up to you to decide how you'll use them, and which ones will most benefit your business.
To choose the most effective adhesive labels, you must:
- Determine which products and other business applications need adhesive labels.
- Examine the conditions under which the labels will be used.
- Choose between custom or stock labels.
Assess adhesive applications
Consider the conditionsIf you're thinking about placing labels on products exposed to constant sunlight, excessive temperatures (such as a grocer's freezer), or other harsh environments, talk to PSA experts who will advise on the best materials and adhesives to choose.
Buy online for lessLabel costs can add up if you're not careful. Cut costs without cutting quality by visiting online stores for the standard products, at less than standard pricing.
Go ahead and DIY!Today's do-it-yourself labels barely resemble the amateur "stickers" of 5 or 10 years ago. Label-makers have come a long way, baby, so check them out.
- PSAs can be measured how well the label bonds with surface (tack), how easily the label can be removed (peel) and how much the label "moves" over time (resistance).
- PSAs can be permanent (as in safety labels for power equipment), or removable (on painter's tape, EKG electrodes, and transdermal medical patches).
- Many software/online templates allow you to design custom labels and print them yourself.
- Deal with manufacturers and distributors who are willing to spend time developing the right solution for your unique label applications.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.