Renting computers can keep you on the cutting edge of technology without the high costsPC rentals can be a real lifesaver in a number of business situations. For instance, renting computers can keep your business running smoothly when your regular computers crash or when you travel. Likewise, renting computer equipment is a good way to test out new technology without footing a hefty bill. In addition, by renting computers, you can avoid the high upfront costs associated with purchasing computers. This can be especially attractive to start-ups that need to control costs.
Computer rentals are typically made on either a short-term or long-term basis and terms may be negotiable. PC rentals make good business sense for many reasons, including:
- Keeping up with technology: By renting computers, you may be able to trade up to a new model when new technology is introduced.
- Affordability: Computer rentals are a great way to reduce costs.
- Support: Many computer rental companies offer IT support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Convenience: PC rentals may be the best solution if you travel to tradeshows or conferences and need multiple computer stations for demos or training sessions.
Next day computer rentalsNext day PC rentals can save the day when your computer crashes unexpectedly. The most common reason that people opt for renting computers for next day services is for trade shows and events where you only have one day to set up and take deliveries for the event.
Short-term and long-term PC rentalsShort-term computer rentals are a great solution for seasonal businesses that hire additional employees during peak sales periods. Long-term computer rentals are a great option for small businesses or corporations that don't want to shoulder the costs of purchasing.
Computer equipment and accessory rentalsIf you are renting computers for events or tradeshows away from the office, you need more than just the CPU and monitor. Many computer rental companies rent other necessary computer equipment, such as printers, peripherals, audio/visual equipment and projectors.
- Find out how computer rental companies ensure your privacy. Ask if they wipe the hard drive clean from computer rentals after you have used them to protect your intellectual property.
- To maintain permanent copies of your files when renting computers, you'll need to transfer them to a CD, DVD, USB drive, firewire drive or external hard drive.
- Before you sign a lease, check out the terms for early termination. Some computer rental companies charge a penalty fee if you return the rental early. Try to find a company with flexible terms in case your needs change.
- If you are renting computers for the long term, ask computer rental companies if they let you trade up to new technology and computers as they come to market.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.