Ductless Air Conditioners
Ductless air conditioners are a great solution when space is at a premiumSmall spaces and room additions no longer require a total revamp of your current air conditioning system. Ductless air conditioning or a ductless AC unit can be used in any room, regardless of space available in the attic for ducts. A central air conditioning unit has a condenser outside and ductwork running through the attic into the rooms, through a vent. Window air conditioners are portable, but they represent safety concerns with unlocked windows.
Installation of ductless air conditioners is fairly straight-forward. The ductless AC system is comprised of an outdoor condenser unit, a small indoor unit, copper tubing to remove the water from the unit and electrical connections. The outdoor unit for ductless AC is placed on a solid surface or concrete pad so it remains stable. The indoor unit for ductless AC is installed close to the ceiling, because cold air falls. Copper tubing is connected to the inside ductless air conditioner unit to remove the condensate and the wires are connected to the electric supply.
Very experienced do-it-yourself homeowners may be able to install the ductless AC system themselves, however most manufacturers recommend that a professional install ductless air conditioning.
- Cooling costs are lowered with a ductless AC system because it cools one room and not a whole house;
- Ductless air conditioning will fit into rooms where conventional duct work doesn’t fit; and
- If you are experienced with piping and wiring, you can install a ductless air conditioner yourself.
Install ductless air conditioning yourself
Compare features and prices for ductless air conditionersCheck online for the features available from different manufacturers of the ductless AC system, before you commit to any brand. Prices vary greatly between manufacturers and are also based on the features you want in a ductless air conditioner or ductless split air conditioner. A ductless split air conditioner has an outdoor and indoor unit. While you are checking features and prices, head on over and read the FAQs to see if any brand of no duct air conditioners in particular is troublesome.
Shop online for a ductless AC systemOnce you've done your homework, go straight to the ductless air conditioner providers.
- Level the inside unit carefully to avoid potential vibrations and leaks.
- Buy the remote control for your ductless air conditioning system; it will save you from climbing a ladder when you want to turn it on or change the temperature.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.