Exterior Doors News and Trends
Add value to newly-constructed homes by keeping up with trends in exterior doorsInstalling the right exterior doors into a home you've just constructed can, in some cases, add over $20,000 in value to that home. Exterior front doors are among the first things potential buyers see when looking at homes; a March 2008 Real Estate Agent Community Trends (REACT) survey shows that nearly 90% of agents state the appearance of a front entry helps them sell homes, and two-thirds say the overall appearance of exterior doors and windows is important.
Today, external doors come in a variety of styles and materials. Doors made of wood, steel or fiberglass, with glass panels or without, or with stained glass windows or other decorative touches, are now widely available. You can also find commercial exterior doors, industrial entry doors or even custom exterior doors for sale through most retailers.
If you're building homes and want to attract buyers, rely on the following resources to stay abreast of exterior doors news and trends:
1. Find out what's new, and what's old news, with exterior doors;
2. Go for the "wow" factor with custom front entry doors;
3. Make the right connections to stay ahead of exterior doors news and trends.
Stay up-to-date on the latest in outside doors
Go for the "wow" factor with custom front entry doorsYou can impress potential buyers by offering things other newly-constructed houses won't offer, and a great place to start would be with custom doors. Equipping your homes with a custom exterior door can set them apart, add value and increase the likelihood of a sale.
Make the right connections to stay ahead of exterior doors news and trendsOne of the best ways to be on the cutting edge when it comes to outside doors is to surround yourself with key industry players, including manufacturers of exterior doors and outside door vendors, that have an active role in shaping exterior doors news and trends.
- Note the types of hardware being used on the most popular styles of exterior doors. Adding the right handles, knobs, locks and hinges will accentuate outside doors.
- Keep the environment and your customers' energy expenses in mind when selecting exterior doors for your homes. Many major manufacturers of exterior doors, as well as smaller companies that provide custom front doors, now offer energy-efficient doors that are constructed using eco-friendly processes and materials.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.