Film Advertising Education and Training
Find money in film advertisingThere is a lot of money to be made in movie advertisement, whether starting out in the career, or looking to expand a current film production company, advertising firm or graphic design business. The movie industry is constantly growing and as more movie production companies create movies at a much greater quantity, quality advertising is needed to set them apart from the competition, making film advertising a thriving industry all in its own.
While there is no specific path to take to become an expert in movie ads, a compilation of various areas of knowledge can provide the film advertising education and training needed for success.
1. To prepare for success in movie advertising, a grasp is needed on the creative and artistic aspects of film making.
2. Talent and skill in general advertising and marketing is required to make movie ads.
3. Film advertising education and training should provide an understanding of the technical aspects involved in film advertising too.
Take film advertising courses
University of Minnesota offers a series of documents on advertising that includes media advertising for television and film that is accessible online for free download. Queen's University Kingston Department of Film and Media offers a course on film and media advertising.
Learn techniques used by film advertising companiesWork in film advertising by becoming an expert in one of the commonly used advertising techniques: movie trailers and movie posters. Most people who create movie trailers studied film-making in college, and acquired a special interest and talent in the digital arts and film editing. Study graphic design to learn the art of poster making; posters might be used by a film ad company or in cinema advertising.
Full Sail University has an award-winning film studies program that includes editing and post-production. The New York Film Academy offers Master's, Bachelor's and Associate's degrees in film making, as well as workshops in film editing and digital arts. The Art Institutes International offers graphic design programs at locations across the nation with specifics in digital arts and entertainment arts. The International Academy of Design and Technology offers flexible online Bachelor's and Associate's programs in graphic design.
Get film advertising experience with an internshipGet hands-on experience and make important contacts with other professionals by scoring an internship with a film company or an advertising company.
Search for business film advertising internships at Creative Jobs Central. Find both film and advertising internships listed at University of Dreams.
- Be willing to do film advertising work for free or very cheaply to get important experience. Make trailers or posters for student or low-budget films.
- Prepare for a successful career with a film advertising company by double majoring in college in film and advertising.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.