Global logistics companies give you worldwide reachWhen dealing with worldwide transport logistics, you want to work with a company that is experienced and up-to-date on all of the customs and country-by-country regulations of your destinations. Your global logistics company will be your main contact for both exporting your product out of the U.S. and for bringing necessary items into the U.S.
Global logistics can turn out to be more complicated than you can imagine. You need to make sure that you are fully aware of the requirement of your ship-to country and to allow yourself enough time to have your package make it through their customs systems.
To be in the know on global transport logistics:
1. Be aware that when dealing with global logistics, there are more costs involved than just the shipping rate.
2. Budget accordingly to make sure that it is even worth it to begin to ship internationally.
3. Find global logistics providers online.
4. Make contact and ask a lot of questions of your potential worldwide logistics providers. How long have they been in business? Who are some of their biggest clients? Are they licensed and certified? What services do they offer that set them apart from their competition?
Know the global transportation logistics lingo
freight broker or forwarder is the person who acts as your liaison at your ship-to country. Your global transport logistics company should be able to either arrange for this person, or handle this person completely for you. This broker/forwarder will grease the wheels to help your shipment past customs and to its final destination. Tariffs, duties, and import fees are the taxes and costs that the incoming country places on your items. This is done to make them less competitive against the market of the import company.
Hire an international logistics company that will give you personal service.Work with a company who gives you a person on the phone line to answer your questions and help you in a time of need, not just an automated phone message.
Choose a global logistics company that is fully licensed and certifiedUtilize a company like Argents Express Group that is licensed, certified, and insured.
Look to the big dogs of global transportation logisticsFedEx and UPS are two of the biggest names in the shipping business. DHL should also be considered as an up and coming option as well.
- If you ship temporarily into a country, make sure to have the appropriate paperwork stamped with customs to prove that you brought it back to its country of origin.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.