Hang up and display your clothes with the right clothes hangersJoan Crawford may have hated wire hangers, but clothes hangers are an important part of taking care of clothing, whether presenting it for sale or storing it for short or long periods. Properly hung, clothes will keep their shape and look fresh, without wrinkles, creases or torn seams.
Hangers also permit you to organize clothes as clothing items. Suits can be hung with suits, dresses with dresses, shirts with shirts, and with the right labeling, a man wearing a size 46 suit and a woman wearing a size 8 dress can comb through a clothier’s selections to find just the outfits they want.
Hangers can be made of wood, metal or plastic and their uses are as follows:
1. Wood hangers to display men’s and women’s suits and topcoats.
2. Plastic hangers provide economical storage and organization for shirts, dresses and pants.
3. Metal hangers include wire hangers found at the cleaner’s, as well as larger hangers for hanging draperies and bedspreads for display or storage.
4. Specialty hangers can include smaller hangers for children’s clothing, as well as satin-lined and padded hangers for lingerie and other delicate garments, and round hangers for bikinis.
Don't knock the look of wooden hangers
Hang up your clothes, young manChildren wear a number of clothing sizes as they grow up; the children's hangers business is as brisk as that in children's clothes themselves, with styles to match the clothes and features like clips and notches to keep the clothes on the hanger and off the floor.
Display your clothes in style with specialty hangersNot every piece of clothing fits neatly on a standard hanger. Sometimes the hanger has to adapt to the clothes, either with a special shape or with linings to protect and keep fine lingerie in place.
Accessorize your hangersBy themselves, quality hangers can add to the eye appeal of quality clothing, but they can also display size information so your customers know what they're buying or your company logo so they can continue to sell your products in your customers' closets.
- Place like hangers together, wood hangers with wood hangers, plastic with plastic, metal with metal, and use wooden hangers only where there is sufficient space to allow for their bulk. This will produce an attractive, eye-catching display.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.