Making the Most of Employee Training Materials
Energize your employee training to help increase productivityIf you want to begin making the most of employee training materials, you need to start thinking beyond the typical training held in a classroom that consists solely of instructional manuals for employees and dull presentations. Your employees should be captivated by the training so they reap the largest benefit from it, which in turn will keep your employees in the know and help them do their job quicker, safer and more efficient. Those three things can end up beefing up your bottom line.
Before you completely revamp your training regiment, take a look at your business and your employees. If you are running a business that has offices worldwide, has employees on multiple shifts or focuses on manufacturing, maybe classroom based training isn't the best option. Customer service reviews are important, and if you notice your company's reviews have been slipping, additional focus on training in that area might be needed. Consider the following when making the most of your employee training:
1. Determine the method of employee training that suits the needs of your business.
2. Locate companies with unique ways of delivering industry specific training.
3. Offer employees special interest or developmental training.
Select employee training materials that work with your business
Provide unique industry specific employee trainingIf your business has employees that use heavy machinery or work in a construction zone, you should consider supplementing your basic employee training with a few specialized classes geared towards helping them stay safe and reducing workplace accidents. Look for a company that understands industrial business and knows that it's important to keep employees on-site in case you need them.
Look for special interest employee training opportunitiesA study by Accenture showed that businesses that train their employees on interpersonal skills have 27% more productivity and 40% higher revenue than those that don't. If your employee training just covers the basics or if your teams are having trouble cooperating, take the time to research what is out there in the special interest training categories.
- If you are going to be utilizing computer-based training for your employees, make sure that all employees, such as those in a warehouse or manufacturing plant, have access to a computer. In order to complete training quickly, make sure you purchase enough employee training software.
- Prior to conducting special interest training classes, make sure your employees know how the information will be relevant to their jobs and the kinds of benefits they can receive from completing the business employee training.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.