Network Performance Monitoring Software
Keep networks running smoothly by using the right performance monitoring toolAs your network goes, so goes your business. It's important to use the right network performance monitoring software to make sure you don't have problems later that could result in loss of time and money.
With their ability to track everything from security to reliability, these software packages, when installed and maintained properly, are worth their weight in gold.
Good network monitoring software can either be provided by the manufacturer of your servers or operating system, or you can purchase third-party packages. All of these packages should:
1. Diagnose system problems.
2. Track system capacity, so you'll know when it's time to expand.
3. Monitor website activity, including visitors, pages hit and referrers.
4. Monitor employees' use of the computer system by tracking every keystroke.
5. Scan for viruses and other harmful programs.
Use the right network monitoring solutions
Consider using third-party network monitoring tool softwareThere are many network monitoring software developers that can provide the correct network monitoring application for your system.
Demo before you buyMany network performance monitoring software developers allow you to demo their software on-line before installing it.
Consider using free softwareThere are several network monitoring packages available at no charge. Many of these tools give you remote access to your servers via the Internet.
- Research all of the options available before deciding on the right product for your network.
- Read your operating system's requirements before deciding on a network monitoring tool.
- Take advantage of any training offered to you by the software developer or provider.
- Make sure you have a help desk number handy and an email address for someone that can provide immediate support.
- Install a backup system in case disaster strikes. Also store backup data off-site.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.