Restaurant Accounting Software
Accounting software for restaurants manages the kitchen efficiently while creating a smooth POS operation
Restaurant accounting software systems address two categories: kitchen operations and point of sale (POS) systems. Kitchen software is used by the chef for recipe management, inventory and ordering. POS restaurant accounting programs handle a wide range of accounting functions that may include credit card payments, gift card purchases, time clock, payroll, special pricing (lunch and happy hour), reporting and more.
Restaurant accounting software that combines both kitchen software and POS applications creates a seamless accounting system that can help you reduce food costs, maximize profits, streamline the payroll process and virtually eliminate errors in customer checks.
When shopping for restaurant accounting applications, consider the following:
- Restaurant accounting programs that cost out kitchen operations, including inventory control, recipe and menu costing, purchasing and ordering.
- POS systems that integrate with foodservice accounting software.
- Restaurant accounting programs that integrate kitchen and POS systems.
- Multi-site and corporate restaurant accounting software.
Restaurant accounting programs for the kitchen
Managing and costing out recipes, ordering ingredients and tracking inventory keep the kitchen running efficiently while preventing theft and shrinkage. Often this kind of accounting software for restaurants is designed to integrate with POS systems.
Point of sale restaurant accounting applications
POS restaurant accounting applications combine POS hardware with a software package for management and reporting.
Integrated foodservice accounting software
Comprehensive restaurant accounting applications brings kitchen operations together with POS operations, providing complete visibility into your foodservice operation.
Multi-site and corporate accounting software for restaurants
Many foodservice accounting software programs are designed for restaurants, hotels and catering operations that have multiple locations that report back to a parent organization.
- If you have a bilingual staff, make sure your restaurant accounting software supports multiple languages.
- Before purchasing restaurant accounting applications, determine whether you want separate kitchen and POS systems or an integrated foodservice accounting software program.
- Consider restaurant accounting applications for alcoholic beverages, pizza delivery and other profit centers.
- If you have one location and are planning to add more, shop for restaurant accounting programs that have multi-site support.
- To facilitate taking inventory, consider a foodservice accounting software program with modular device support.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.