Stand-Up Bags and Pouches
Boost sales and save money with stand-up bags and pouchesBoth your marketing strategy and bottom line can improve significantly using different types of stand-up bags and pouches to package your product. You want people to remember your name and what your product looks like, but a customer will likely repackage your food product into another container or resealable plastic bag if they originally bought it packaged in a bag within a box. Stand-up pouches provide a more cost-effective packaging solution that will stand out on store shelves, and customers will appreciate the ease with which they can store products at home. Additionally, high-quality plastic pouches will prevent odors from escaping, provide moisture protection and can include release valves, pour spouts and resealable zippers.
Stand-up pouches work for just about any type of product you manufacture or sell, whether it's food, gifts, fertilizer or dog food. As you shop, you'll notice that manufacturers basically produce 3 types of stand-up bags:
1. Round-bottom gusset stand-up pouches employ a base where the welded edge of the packaging material holds the package upright.
2. K-seal bottom stand-up bags will work when the contents exceed a certain weight.
3. Plow-bottom gusset stand-up pouches and bags have gained in popularity among food manufacturers and those who produce granular items.
Buy stand-up pouches for packaging gifts
Purchase stand-up pouches for consumer useConsumers love to buy anything in a stand-up packaging pouch, because they're generally user friendly, easily stored and very functional.
Use stand-up bags for industrial applicationsA stand-up pouch can hold more than your dried fruit, nuts, drinks and sugar; they also provide convenient and cost-effective solutions (both for yourself and the consumer) for storing larger quantities of items like dog food or outdoor items like fertilizer, weed killer and insect killer.
- In addition to the quality and types of stand-up pouches you must compare when you shop, also ask to see samples of the custom printing and artwork the company will add to the bag. If your name goes on the package, you want it to look professional and catch the eye of customers in the store.
- As one of the criteria you'll use to buy stand-up bags, consider the minimum number of bags you're willing to buy -- especially pre-printed bags. Some companies will require you to commit to several thousand pre-printed bags.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.