Alabama Business for Sale
How to find and buy companies for sale in AlabamaBuying an Alabama business for sale can represent a great opportunity for investment. Buying an established business usually is much safer financially and more profitable than starting a new business because an existing business already has an established customer base, source of revenue and business operations. An existing business also may own valuable patents or copyrights.
It is often more expensive to buy an AL business for sale than to start a new one, although it is generally easier to obtain financing for an existing business. Investors tend to be more comfortable with a business that has a proven performance.
There are three primary actions to perform before buying Alabama businesses for sale:
1. Review the tax returns and financial statements over the last few years for the business for sale. Alabama businesses can measure their growth potential with actual experience rather than conjecture.
2. Examine the current profits for the small businesses for sale. Alabama businesses will have expenditures such as employees’ salaries, utilities and insurance that you must deduct from the sales revenue.
3. Inspect operation involved in the prospective business sale. Alabama businesses may have obsolete inventory, dissatisfied employees or outdated distribution methods.
Find an Alabama business for sale
Locate Alabama business brokers to assist you in the purchase process of a businessA broker can identify businesses that are clearly undesirable and help negotiate a price on the best candidates. A business broker also will help you obtain any licenses and permits that Alabama requires.
Hire a Certified Public Accountant before purchasing a business for sale in AlabamaA CPA will need to review the financial records of any business in which you are interested. Additionally, a CPA can ensure that you file any required legal documents.
- Determine the owner's reason for selling before buying an Alabama business for sale. The owner may no longer be interested in running the business or there may be legitimate financial reasons for putting it up for sale. You will also want to review the marketing strategy for the business because many lagging businesses can be revived with proper advertising.
- Review the physical assets of the business for sale in Alabama. You will need to know if the office equipment, machinery and other property is actually in working order. You will also want to inspect the building itself to know if it meets the health and safety standards that Alabama requires.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.