Annual Reports Education and Training
Learn to make annual reports comprehensive and engagingAll publicly traded companies are required to produce an annual report each year to update stockholders on the financial status of the organizations. Many registered nonprofits also produce them to update their donors on their progress. These documents, which often take the form of a booklet or brochure, are often the most important that a company puts out. Some people even peruse them before deciding to buy stock or send money.
As such, the management of an organization should take great care in creating the annual report of the company. Extensive research is required to create one properly. Three things it is wise to do are:
1. Review existing annual reports to see what materials are required, especially those mandated by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
2. Learn more about Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and how they apply to annual reports.
3. Get expert marketing advice to present the report well and try to encourage widespread readership.
Look at already published annual financial reports to review the format and required materials
Take an accounting class so you're familiar with annual report requirementsOne of the things many people find confusing when they go to write their annual reports is all of the financial jargon and numbers that are required. It helps if the person in charge of the company's books has been keeping stock of finances all year, but some additional education may be in order.
community college. Even if the class doesn't focus specifically on annual reports you can learn the necessary accounting terms. If your company is a nonprofit, consider taking the ecourse on nonprofit annual reports offered through Non Profit Marketing Guide.
Learn how to present your company annual report in the best lightManagers dread putting together annual reports when their companies have had a bad year. However, there are ways to write honest reports while still making them sound upbeat. Even if your year was wonderful, if it is dry few people will read it. In recent years, companies have started garnering more interest and saving some cash by creating online or video annual reports.
- Consider hiring a marketing agency to help you with your corporate annual report of company progress. Hiring an experienced agency will make the process easier and take some of the burden off of your shoulders.
- Have an accountant or lawyer peruse your annual business reports before you distribute hard copy annual report packages. He or she could catch any errors you may have overlooked.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.