Business Plan Software
A good solution will help you transform an idea into a realityFormulating a business plan from scratch can seem overwhelming, but the task is now much easier thanks to a variety of software applications. Before you choose a business-plan software consider several key questions:
- What are the compatibility requirements? Will it run on your current PC or do you need to upgrade?
- Does it require a separate application like Microsoft Word or Excel?
- Will it let you convert your plan to common formats, such as those used by Microsoft's Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe's Acrobat, or HTML?
- How much does it cost?
- Are there add-on tools or templates specific to your business interests? Are they free or do they cost more?
- Is the application easy to use or hard to learn?
- Can you integrate your existing financial data? For instance, from QuickBooks?
- Does the solution provider offer technical support?
Browser-based solutionsWith these online applications, you can create a plan that includes text, data, and images. You can even publish it to the Web, as well as store and retrieve your business plans.
Template-based solutionsIf you have Microsoft Word or Excel, a template-based solution can give you fill-in-the blank prompts.
Application-based solutionsStep-by-step applications can help novices build plans. They can also help with tackling complicated financial projections.
Industry-specific solutionsBuild your plan based on models for the industry you're trying to break into.
- After your business plan has been written, keep updating the information in the plan, so the next time you need to use it, it will be ready to go.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.