Computer Security Hardware
Thefts, stolen IDs emphasize need for a good computer security systemA decent computer security system can protect your data and hardware from thieves and intruders. There are various types of computer security hardware available, ranging from firewalls to computer locks and alarms.
There are many reasons to install security hardware. Some of the key reasons are:
1. To protect valuable and personal data from being stolen.
2. To protect your computer from viruses and phishing.
3. To secure computers so they can not be stolen.
The need for computer security hardware has been steadily increasing as methods used by computer and data thieves becomes more sophisticated.
Use network security hardware
Secure your PCs and laptopsThere are many types of computer security hardware tools available to prevent thieves from walking off with your PC or laptop.
Use a router with a built-in firewallMost network routers, whether they are wireless or Ethernet based, use an internal firewall to block out intruders, eliminating the need to install separate network security hardware.
- Secure your wireless network using a WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) address, which is a series of letters and numbers needed to access network.
- Use good anti-virus and other security software in addition to adding a hardware firewall to maximize protection of your network or PC.
- In addition to locking down computers, make sure doors to server rooms and offices are locked when no one is using the equipment.
- Keep a record of all serial numbers of every piece of hardware and software, and store it in a secure location.
- Back up all of your data on a regular basis, and store it at a location away from the computers.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.