Exterior doors serve a practical and aesthetic role in your business operationsLet's face it, exterior entry doors are simple facts of life-something every business must have to give occupants privacy and security by regulating access. But choosing exterior doors is not so simple: Exterior door configurations run from fittings, latches and locks to color, design and the materials that comprise the door. All of these many components are there for a reason - they work together to accomplish such functions as ensuring privacy, securing environments, controlling the physical atmosphere and creating a statement.
Let's not take for granted the fact that exterior entry doors are also the first impression provided to customers and visitors of a business. The role of exterior doors certainly goes beyond just functional, providing an important aesthetic impression of what lies beyond. From formal and elegant to casual and whimsical, the style of custom exterior doors helps set the tone and character of a business.
Inside this guide, you'll find:
- Advice on choosing the best exterior doors for low maintenance and weathering the elements.
- Information on how some exterior entry doors save energy while others can increase overall cost.
- Tips on choosing an exterior door that best meet your businesses safety and security needs.
Choose strong materials for exterior entry doors
fiberglass and other commercial doors.
Ensure your exterior door is appropriate to the security risks in your businessA number of considerations come into play when choosing the most secure exterior door including its material makeup as well as the handle and lock systems that accompany it.
access control systems can be found on Business.com.
Choose exterior doors that are energy efficientModern exterior doors often fit and insulate better than old ones, but business owners should be aware of the effect that any new exterior entry door can have on energy costs. For example, glass exterior doors offer energy efficiencies by allowing businesses to take advantage of natural lighting. However, glass doors can also decrease energy efficiencies if not properly manufactured to deflect heat and cold.
ENERGY STAR rating. Many new technologies are available on the market and are backed by the ENERGY STAR program. These technologies are designed to keep businesses cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
Make a statement by choosing exterior entry doors that complement your business strategyThe possibilities are endless - be creative. Choose exterior doors that best fit the overall character and mission of your business. If you are a toy store, choose a door that is whimsical and playful in nature. Retailers will want to purchase glass exterior doors that allow those passing by to get a sneak peak at products. Alternatively, an accounting firm might want to seek out custom exterior doors that give an air of sophistication.
- Look for more than just eye appeal when choosing exterior entry doors. Make a note of potential security concerns as well as maintenance considerations.
- Use exterior doors to your marketing advantage. Consult with the experts to choose exterior door looks that complement the overall strategy of your business.
- Consider that you want higher-priced custom exterior doors to last. Choose materials that are appropriate to your climate and environment as well as styles that are not too trendy.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.