Handbill and Coupon Advertising
Promote your service business with handbill advertising and coupon marketingHandbill and coupon advertising are usually cheap forms of advertising, but service businesses pose a unique problem when it comes to marketing: most only serve one local area and owners can't afford to take out expensive ads.
The solution is to use these cheaper ads to your best advantage. They provide a more personal communication and that's what your goal is. When you sell a service, as opposed to a product, customers have to be able to trust you, and using local handbill and coupon advertising can be a winning marketing plan.
1. Consider the fact that handbill advertisement usually involves handing a flyer to someone in person. You can start a business relationship on the right foot by presenting yourself well.
2. Putting out coupon ads not only advertises your name and business, but offers a discount to customers to get them in the door. Once you have a chance to win them over, sweep them off their feet and you have a repeat customer.
3. Online coupon advertisements can be used to target a specific market or, if you can provide services to more than just your local area, the whole world.
Do some legwork using handbill advertising
Try out coupon book advertising in your local marketCoupon books are great tools for getting your name out there. Even if you're already established, anyone looking for a deal is going to pick up one of these coupon books. Most of these books are reasonably priced, but you should try to shop around to get the best bang for your buck.
Give your company great exposure by using online coupon advertisingIf you have a service that can be marketed nationwide, or even worldwide, putting ads online is one of your best bets. Nowadays, people find what they need on the Internet and if your ad is strategically placed on a website they're viewing, you may end up having a potential customer visiting your website.
- Some coupon advertising companies may be willing to barter with you. That's the great thing about owning a service business. Try to negotiate a one month trial ad in, say, a local coupon book, in exchange for a comparable value of services from you.
- A word of warning if you want to do online advertising: stay away from pop-up ads, as well as pop-unders. These types of ads generally annoy people and the user closes them very quickly.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.