Keyboard Video Mouse (KVM) Switch Boxes Education and Training
What you need to know to choose a KVM switch for your computer systemMany different models of KVM switch boxes are available to help you set up a single monitor, mouse and keyboard to control more than one computer. Keyboard video mouse (KVM) switch boxes education and training is all about learning about the various types of connections your computer uses and finding out what you need to know to choose the right one.
There are many things to learn before you can choose the right KVM switch. These things include the following system information:
1. The number of computers you will be sharing, which will tell you the number port KVM switch you need;
2. The type of mouse and keyboard connections you have, usually PS/2 for older computers and USB for newer ones;
3. The type of video connection you need for the monitor you plan to use;
4. And the accessories you may want to share, like speakers.
Understand the basics regarding keyboard video mouse switch boxes
Find out how to use various models of computer switch boxesOnline videos and product information can help you understand what type of KVM switch is right for you. You will also need to know what kinds of extra cables you will need. The model you choose needs to be compatible with your system components.
Get support for your keyboard video mouse switchThe product support section of a manufacturer's website is always a good place to get information, both before and after you purchase a product. Use it to evaluate the level of information you can access, so you aren't surprised after you buy. Get help using the product or download a manual or driver update, once you own the product.
- When you buy a KVM switch box, or even a simple keyboard switcher device, make sure you find out whether the box comes with cables. If you need to buy the cables, most KVM switch vendors will sell them.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.