Music Video Production Education and Training
Learn the cutting-edge industry of making music videosThe explosion in popularity of music videos over the last couple decades has opened up a lot of opportunity for success for music video producers. Music videos are short films used to visually represent new songs by artists for the purpose of promotion and advertising.
In the beginning, music video production services were mostly done by film makers, but because of the growth in popularity in recent years professionals need to get music video production education and training specific for the field in order to compete in the industry. Music video production education and training should include various aspects of the business.
1. Making music videos requires complete understanding of the artistic elements of film making.
2. Expertise in all of the technical aspects of professional music video production is needed.
3. Training in this field needs to include instruction for finding work and making money with music video productions.
Become an expert in music video production software
Study music video production at schoolAs popularity in this field grows and demand for expertise increases, new school programs are being created specifically to educate students in music video production. School programs will cover all aspects from music video production equipment to the business side of things.
Musicians Institute offers a certificate program and Associate's degree specifically in producing music videos. Brooks Institute offers a specialty course in Music Video Production within their film program.
Use online resources for learning music video productionThere are some online resources that can be used as a starting point in your music video production education and training. This is especially helpful for those who produce videos that want to break into the music business, music producers that want to learn about video production or up and coming musicians who want to produce their own videos.
Order training DVDs, books, software or simply get free tips from professionals on music video production from the Music Video Training Center. Order the do-it-yourself manual for musicians, Produce and Promote Your Music Video. For a small price, download the ebook Making Music Videos from VideoMaker.com.
- For success in live music video production, it is essential that you live in an area with a market for music video production companies. Los Angeles, New York, Miami and Nashville are some places with a strong musical presence.
- Try to score an internship with a music video production company. They are not easy to come by, but could secure a future in the field with hands-on experience and important industry contacts.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.