Office Coffee Systems and Services
This basic office perk can cost from 6 to 60 cents a cupAll employee benefits don't have to cost a fortune. Sometimes simple is just fine, and for many people, few things are as rewardingly simple as a hot cup of coffee.
A coffee service for many small businesses will be worth exploring, though the tiniest of firms may find it more cost effective to buy a coffeemaker and hit the supermarket themselves. There are three things you should consider when selecting a provider:
- Pick a vendor that provides the selection you want
- Compare the prices and quality offered by services
- Make sure your vendor will repair any leased equipment
Choose the right vendor
Get the right priceThe cost of a coffee service depends on the brand and quality of your coffee, but figure anywhere from 6 to 60 cents a cup. Do the math. How many cups of coffee might each employee drink a day? One rule of thumb says coffee service pricing runs from $60-$120 per employee per year. If your ballpark figure seems affordable then proceed.
Ask about serviceThe final piece of this selection pie is service. If you don't get deliveries on time and the vendor has poorly maintained equipment, your perk loses its steam. Do ask for references.
- You may be required to sign a contract to get service. The agreement usually automatically renews unless you cancel it. You may have to pay a penalty if you cancel service before the contract term expires.
- Some advanced brewing systems connect to your water line for hot water. You may have to pay hundreds of dollars for installation, filters and hardware, as well as replacement cartridges every few months, so consider this option carefully.
- Choose a delivery schedule that provides enough coffee to serve everyone. Employees will frown upon dry periods when they have that coffee craving.
- Find out whether shipping or delivery charges are part of the service. If not, do ask if the fees are a fixed amount or a percentage of the total amount you spend monthly.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.