Where to go for your specialty business insurance needsWhat is specialty insurance? All businesses will have general business insurance that covers your business premise in the event of fire, vandalism and theft. Basic car insurance covers your business vehicles for accidents caused by your employee or the other driver. So when do these normal business needs become specialty insurance?
Specialty insurance providers offer insurance for special vehicles such as catering trucks, tractor-trailer beds, dump trucks and more. Providers of specialty insurance provide coverage for contents not usually covered, such as hazardous materials. They cover products like yachts, furs and fine art. Your business may even qualify to insure body parts, such as the hands of a piano player or legs of a dancer, when your business depends on these assets to function.
1. Choose specialty insurance companies to cover your special vehicles.
2. Select specialty insurance providers for your special business needs.
3. Take out insurance for special needs that your business incurs.
Choose specialty insurance companies to insure your special vehicle
Find specialty insurance agencies to cover your special businessMost businesses need specialty insurance for some aspect of their business such as food spoilage in your restaurant. Your basic business insurance policy only covers a portion of your special need.
Get quotes for insurance for special needs of your businessDo you own a piano bar? What happens to your 6 o'clock crowd if your piano person breaks his hand? Do you own a furniture shop? Do you have waterbed insurance in case a customer tries out the bed and it springs a leak? These may sound like far-fetched examples, but this is just what specialty insurance covers. Your specialty insurance provider can help you get this and any other special needs covered for the right price. They evaluate the risk and decide if they can insure your need and then quote your rate.
- Your general business insurance policy may cover some of your specialty insurance needs, so have that evaluated so you do not double insure.
- Consider raising the deductible on your specialty insurance policy to lower the cost if the quote is too high.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.