Storage Racks Basics
Choose the best industrial storage racks for your business needsIndustrial racking comes in many shapes and sizes. A shelving configuration that works for one company may prove to be all wrong for another. Understanding storage racks basics will help you to choose the industrial storage racks that best suit your business.
You can break down metal storage racks into three basic categories: pallet racks, heavy storage rack systems and light-weight storage racks. Manufacturers use steel to create the strongest and most durable racking systems. Because steel is so durable, there is no need to worry about the durability of used storage racks. Consider the following warehouse storage racks for your business:
1. Choose the best pallet storage rack for your warehouse.
2. Store small goods on steel warehouse storage racks.
3. Use wire-racking systems for light warehouse and indoor storage.
Incorporate pallet storage racks
Use solid steel storage racks for small goods warehouse storageHeavy duty steel storage racks are a good option for storing large warehouse goods. Industrial steel storage racks are generally able to hold around 1,000 pounds. Steel storage racks are a good permanent storage solution. Choose solid shelves for warehouse storage, as they are more sturdy and durable than wire shelving.
Store lighter items on wire storage racksIndustries like restaurants and health care utilize wire storage racks. Wire storage racks are versatile and durable, making them the perfect solution for many lighter weight storage needs. Be sure to look at the weight limit of each shelf before deciding whether these will work for you.
- Obtain space measurements before searching for and purchasing any type of industrial racking.
- Consider the assembly of storage racks before purchasing them. Find out if the retailer offers on-site assembly.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.