Thanking Your Customers
Show your appreciation in order to build customer loyaltyA business without customers is like a lake without water: empty. Keep yours full when you give your customers the service they crave and the gratitude they deserve. Whether a simple, "Thank you," or a more elaborate reward, it pays to thank existing customers. After all, the most loyal customers can:
- Save you money on advertising with repeat business.
- Give valuable feedback on products and services.
- Grow your business with referrals to friends and family.
Just say it
Write notesSend handwritten thank-you notes to customers after they've made a major purchase; enclose a coupon for their next visit as an extra gesture of appreciation.
Ask for feedbackFlatter customers - and learn how to better serve them - by asking for their opinions.
Reward loyaltyIdentify your most loyal customers - with a membership card, for instance - and thank them for their consistent business with special discounts, promotions or gifts.
Share informationThank customers by keeping them informed. Send reminders about special promotions you're running, notifications about new merchandise you're stocking or newsletters about community events that you're sponsoring.
Remember special occasionsShow your appreciation for your customers by remembering their birthdays, anniversaries or other special days; send a card or handwritten note and enclose a coupon as a gift.
Recognize referralsThank customers for referrals with a handwritten note, a phone call or even a small gift. Reinforcing referrals will encourage your customers to continue sending friends and neighbors your way.
- Avoid a one-size-fits-all approach to thanking your customers; instead, practice one-to-one marketing in order to shower your patrons with personal attention.
- Promise less, but deliver more; thanking customers with an extra gesture, such as free delivery of a product or complimentary gift-wrap, will go a long way toward demonstrating gratitude.
- Providing a guarantee on your product or service is a great way to thank customers; it demonstrates trust, validates customer concerns and rewards patrons for their purchase.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.