Touch Screen Displays
Save time, increase productivity and allow customers to interact via touch screen displaysTouch screen displays provide many applications for businesses. Public information displays like kiosks and trade show displays, restaurants and retail only hint at the possibilities. You'll see productivity gains through less time needed to enter data by employees and self-service for people using ATM machines or airline ticket terminals, among others. Some touch screen manufactures provide robust and rugged screens to withstand the rigors of an industrial environment.
Touch screen devices vary according to the underlying technology. Resistive touch screens come in a 4-wire model, good for touch screen laptop computers and PC monitors though not as efficient, or 5-wire models in stand-alone units or as an add-on for your current CRT and LCD screen. This popular technology gives flexibility in larger workplace applications. The capacitive touch screen has higher clarity for large applications like point-to-point sales. Surface acoustic wave displays give quick response.
Consider the type of technology needed for your applications before buying:
1. For popular touch screen displays with a wide range of applications, consider a resistive technology.
2. For clarity and larger applications, see the capacitive type for your touch screen PC.
3. For the most advanced technology, consider surface acoustic wave (SAW) touch screens.
Get a resistive touch screen computer for individual or heavy use
Consider capacitive touch screens for durability and clarityThese offer high resolution for restaurants, kiosks, and point of sales, but can only be activated by a bare fingertip. They come in both CRT and LCD monitors.
See the surface acoustic wave (SAW) touch screens, ranked as most advancedSAW technology offers excellent image clarity in clean environments. A SAW touch screen PC works with either fingertip or stylus.
Install an add-on to convert your monitor to a touch screen computerAn add-on kit for your computer's monitor enables you to operate any PC by touch. Choose one that fits your current display area. Software drivers are included.
Choose an industrial touch screen computer monitorFor environments where flimsy won't do, go industrial.
- Check the model's ability to use your preferred method of touch. Some react only to bare fingertips, others bare fingers and gloves and some allow the use of a stylus in addition to the fingertip.
- When ordering a PC touchscreen add-on kit, see how the manufacturer measures the screen. Never buy a kit smaller than the diagonal measurement of your monitor.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.