Tree Trimming Equipment
Start your tree trimming service off on the right foot with the proper equipmentAs a tree trimming provider, you know that safety comes first. You must be able to do the job well and do it while keeping the safety of you and your workers in mind. That said, having the proper equipment can make or break your business. There are a few types of equipment you can use, depending on how extensive your business is.
You have a few choices: You can do light trimming or you can do full-scale tree surgery using a cherry picker or a crane. Your personal experience will play into this, but if you hire workers who have the right skills, you can offer more. Before you open your business, it's a good idea to take a few things into consideration:
1. Decide exactly how much tree trimming your company can do. You may have to start slow and work your way up to buying bucket trucks.
2. Ensure that your workers are properly trained. Tree trimming can be a dangerous occupation so make sure they know what they're doing.
3. Obtain tree trimmer liability insurance. If your workers damage someone's property, you may be responsible for paying for it.
Do tree trimming from the ground using a pole saw
Give each qualified tree trimmer a commercial-grade chain sawOf course, you can find chain saws at your local hardware store for a couple hundred dollars. But professional-grade chain saws are quite pricey, sometimes coming in at over $1000 for top-of-the-line commercial equipment. Establish a budget before you go shopping so you don't overextend yourself.
Find tree trimming climbing gearClimbing gear consists of a network of ropes and spikes that allow a person to move up and down a tree with ease. It's imperative that you buy new equipment since you don't know how much use or abuse pre-owned equipment has received. Proper training is important as well; don't send one of your workers up a customer's tree until he has proved himself.
- If you plan to do full-scale tree trimming, you'll need a cherry picker or a crane. If you're in doubt about how to safely use these heavy machines, make sure to get plenty of tree trimming information before you get started.
- To get yourself more business, put your company's name on a tree trimming list. Many government agencies employ systems that require prospective vendors to put their names on a bid list. These agencies can be a great source of income, so make sure to get on that list.
Copyright © 2014 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.