Water Tanks and Storage Tanks for Business
Need access to fuel or water? Storage tanks are the answer
There are many reasons why small business owners need to purchase water tanks and fuel storage tanks. Farmers utilize water storage tanks to transport water to remote crops. Businesses store water in tanks in case of public emergency. Fleet businesses, such as rental car agencies and car dealers, use fuel storage tanks to gas up their fleets. When searching for a water tank or fuel storage tank:
1. Figure out what capacity you’ll need in gallons.
2. Make sure you buy a tank for the appropriate use. Potable water and fuel are not interchangeable.
3. Calculate the costs of refilling the water tank or fuel storage tank.
4. Decide how the storage tanks will be refilled.
Potable water tanks
water tanks that fit on your truck for easy transport.
Plastic tanksPlastic tanks are ideal for storing potable water and other non-corrosive liquids.
plastic water tank, find manufacturers at Business.com.
Hot water storage tanksHot water tanks allow businesses in the food service industry to sanitize equipment.
Above ground fuel storage tanksBusinesses that have a fleet of vehicles may opt to have an on-site fuel storage tank that provides the convenience of refueling vehicles on-site and provides fuel in emergency situations.
Underground fuel storageConvenience stores and gas stations aren’t the only businesses that need underground fuel storage tanks. Businesses with large fleets and businesses that are located in remote areas often require large fuel storage tanks that are best placed underground.
- When filling a potable water tank, use the same water source every time if possible. This minimizes the chance of mold, algae, fungus and bacteria from multiplying when water supplies are mixed.
- Consider installing a water filter to the out-portal of your potable water tank.
- Before installing water storage tanks or fuel storage tanks, always investigate county health, state and federal regulations.
Copyright © 2013 Business.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.