Find assistive toilets and assistive toilet seats for the restrooms of your business to meet all laws. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) went into effect as a US Federal civil rights law in 1992. It "prohibits the exclusion of people with disabilities from everyday activities," including activities in the workplace. As a result, ADA compliance requirements have created standards for accessible design for businesses and public venues.
ADA compliant accessible design standards for assistive toilets have helped accommodate workplace restroom necessities for the disabled. These specific ADA design standards include:
- Commercial lavatory design standards
- Assistive toilet stalls design standards
- Assistive toilet rooms design standards
- Portable assistive toilets as found at public events
- Safety handrails and grab bars for assistive commodes
- Assistive commode transfer system of rails to help a disabled person mount and dismount from a commode
- Toilet seat risers that adjust the height of assistive commode seats to accommodate the height of disabled persons
- Toilet platform risers that adjust the height of an entire commode to accommodate the height of a disabled person
Read ADA compliant commercial assistive toilet lavatory design standardsADA compliant commercial design standards also apply to assistive toilet stalls and toilet rooms design.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) pertaining to lavatories, toilet rooms and toilet stalls compliance standards. Adaptive Access, one of several suppliers of assistive commode products, offers more information on ADA compliance for handicap bathroom design.
Explore the features of portable assistive commodes productsAssistive commodes used in temporary portable business restroom facilities or at public events should be ADA compliant.
Compare types of handrail and grab bar safety products for assistive commodesThe design of safety handrails and grab bars for assistive commodes in business restrooms must meet specific ADA compliance standards.
Compare types of toilet seat risers and toilet platform risers for assistive commodesADA compliant toilet seat risers and toilet platform risers provide height adjustments for the disabled.
Explore features of ADA compliant assistive toilet seats transfer systemsAssistive toilet seats transfer systems are assemblages that may include rails, grab bars and benches.
- Before you purchase assistive commodes stalls, toilet rooms or portable restrooms, check for wheelchair turning space.