If you are in the home and garden decor industry, then you need to be ready to provide anything a client might request. From country home decor to crystal chandeliers, you need to have access to a plethora of home decor accessories.
The best way to offer your clients a large number of products is to set up a rapport with a few different home decor distributors. Not only will this relationship help you find what your clients need, it will help you with pricing and hard to find items.
In order to set up this business relationship, you first need to find home decor distributors that meet your needs. Here are a few things to keep in mind as you look:
1. Does the distributor offer a large selection of home decor furniture, lighting, art and accessories?
2. What is the policy on returning home decor items, such as art, if the client is not satisfied?
3. How long will it take the order to arrive? Will the home decor distributor offer free shipping?
4. Does the distributor offer a home decor catalog with current items?
Finding the right home decor distributor is one of the most important items on your business agenda. It is as important as knowing the styles and trends in interior design.
Keep up with home decorating trendsJoin a home interior decorating association or subscribe to a home interior decorating magazine. Not only will these help you find great distributors, they will also help keep you up-to-date on new styles and home decor trends.
Find home decor distributors that offer a little bit of everythingDistributors that sell a little bit of everything for the home may be very beneficial to your business. They usually offer a nice selection of items. Regardless of client taste or style, you will find something that meets your client's needs by using a home interior distributor that offers a variety of items.
Research the home decor distributor you chooseYour business is on the line. You need to make sure that you choose a reliable distributor, so do the research, and check out the ones that seem appealing.
- Unless it is absolutely necessary, try to avoid buying anything from a chain home decor retail store. Items in these stores tend to be pricey, but not unique.
- After you finish a project, present your client with a few home decor gifts that compliment the rooms you designed. This will let the client know that you appreciate their business.